Blumen Gardens is growing, and we need to add talented individuals to our staff! Please fill out application and submit your resume below. Thank you!
We are hiring attendants to represent Blumen Gardens to oversee weddings, receptions, parties, and other events. Must be an independent, detail-oriented individual, and have strong leadership skills to welcome guests and to communicate quick decisions during the event to ensure a pleasant experience for their event. Some moderate office duties, lifting, and cleaning are required. Attendant’s will follow a list of event tasks and ensure rules and guidelines are being followed by renters, venders, and guests from start of event to tear down.
Hours: Evening hours during the weekend and some week nights.
Must be 21 or older Part-time. Please send resume when applying.
Blumen Gardens is increasing our Event Space Staff! We are looking for an energetic and outgoing individual to be a part of our team. Qualified candidates must be passionate about hospitality and coordinating events, highly creative, imaginative, inspired, and eager to share their talents. The ideal candidate is assertive, enthusiastic, has physical characteristics necessary to perform the work, such as long periods of walking, standing, lifting, etc. Must be able to work nights and weekends. 40 hours/week.
- Will be scheduling and overseeing clients for memorable events including but not limited to: weddings, parties, fundraisers and business meetings from conception to completion.
- Develop, build and maintain working relationships with internal and external partners including coordinating our own staff.
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems during planning and on the event day.
- Detail-oriented and organized to coordinate and maintain the timing of scheduled events.
- Strong self-motivation to meet with our reputation of exceptional hospitality.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills are required to communicate effectively to a wide variety of both potential and current clients and vendors.
- Proactive reflex that looks for opportunities and concerns and addresses them before a problem can occur.
Security and Event Setup Associate
We are looking for a hardworking, energetic, and independent individual to provide positive security presence for night events and set up for all weddings, events and workshops at Blumen Gardens. Ideal candidate enjoys working at night. Hours will include both weekday and weekend nights. An hourly and part time position.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
– Physical labor in set up and tear down of tables, chairs, and other special event objects needed.
– Follow instruction from event coordinator and direction based on layouts for each individual event and their custom needs.
– Familiar with custodial procedures.
– Ability to lift at least 50lbs.
– Supervise and secure event attendees with a positive attitude from start to finish of each event.
– Manage and asses noise level of event attendees both inside and outside.
– Understand safety issues and Ability to manage fairly and effectively.
Nursery and Grounds Associate:
Blumen Gardens Gift and Garden Shop is searching for active and friendly individuals to assist with outdoor tasks in the operation of a diverse gift and garden retail shop. Are you looking for a job that could be balanced with other life activities? We can accommodate you with your preference for full or part time! Tasks include helping with the nursery and grounds as well. We are looking for ones who love to garden and has interest in plants. Blumen Gardens is a fun company to acquire more plant knowledge while gaining growth in garden customer service. Active retirees are encouraged to apply. Wages will be based on experience and knowledge. Apply now to become a member of Blumen Gardens’ team! 815-895-3737 or email@example.com
Garden Retail Associate:
Blumen Gardens is searching for hands-on, customer service driven, highly motivated retail associates with plant interest. Responsibilities include running sales and operations in our Gift and Garden Center. This individual must possess strong work ethics, the ability to multi task, and integrity. We are looking for a dedicated and passionate individual able to deliver new ideas and create a memorable shopping experience for each customer.
The right applicant will have leadership and management experience with the qualifications below:
- Ability to develop and execute a vision
- Adaptability to work as a collaborative team
- Drive and passion as well as a self starter attitude
- Ability to make things happen on their own with little or no direction
- Experience recruiting and developing a talented team
- Strong work ethic
- Merchandizing Experience
- Great sales and customer service skills
Decorator and Garden Retail Associate:
Are you passionate about decorating and enjoy helping others make creative solutions to their home or garden? Blumen Gardens is looking for a creative individual who possesses plant and garden knowledge. Responsibilities include in assisting customers in project solutions and creating beautiful ‘Blumen style’ displays in the Gift and Garden Center. The ideal applicant will also have experience in floral decorating with principles of design, must have exceptional attention to detail, and the ability to communicate effectively with both customers and associates. Full time or part time positions are available. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Previous experience in sales, or customer service
– Ability to work in seasonal outdoor settings
– Previous experience in creative floral design and decorating
– Good communication skills
– Physically fit and ability to lift and move product weighing up to 50 pounds is a plus
You will be responsible for the creation and execution of designs for both residential and commercial landscape projects. You should be self-motivated, creative, have sound landscape design principles, and be able to oversee a project from concept to completion. You must be able to maintain strong client relationships. Competitive compensation determined upon experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Communicate goals and project scope effectively with client and crew
• Prepare all color-rendered drawings relating to plants and hardscapes
• Produce complete and accurate landscape proposal and work order
• Locate materials to be used for the project
• Site survey and site analysis of the jobsite as needed
• Develop strong relationships with clients through timely updates and follow-ups
• Use those relationships to initialize sales leads.
Qualifications and Skills
• 2 or 4 year Degree in Landscape Design or Horticulture
• 2-3 years of field work experience
• Knowledge of local plant materials, horticultural practices and hardscape construction
• Ability to get along with others and work as a team member
• Strong organizational and communication skills (good listeners)
• Ability to assist in taking a job from initial client contact to completion
• Willingness to learn, and passionate about what you do.