Blumen Gardens is growing, and we need to add talented individuals to our staff! Please fill out application and submit your resume below. Thank you!
Nursery and Grounds Associate:
Blumen Gardens Gift and Garden Shop is searching for active and friendly individuals to assist with outdoor tasks in the operation of a diverse gift and garden retail shop. Are you looking for a job that could be balanced with other life activities? We can accommodate you with your preference for full or part time! Tasks include helping with the nursery and grounds as well. We are looking for ones who love to garden and has interest in plants. Blumen Gardens is a fun company to acquire more plant knowledge while gaining growth in garden customer service. Active retirees are encouraged to apply. Wages will be based on experience and knowledge. Apply now to become a member of Blumen Gardens’ team! 815-895-3737 or email@example.com
Garden Retail Associate:
Blumen Gardens is searching for hands-on, customer service driven, highly motivated retail associates with plant interest. Responsibilities include running sales and operations in our Gift and Garden Center. This individual must possess strong work ethics, the ability to multi task, and integrity. We are looking for a dedicated and passionate individual able to deliver new ideas and create a memorable shopping experience for each customer.
The right applicant will have leadership and management experience with the qualifications below:
- Ability to develop and execute a vision
- Adaptability to work as a collaborative team
- Drive and passion as well as a self starter attitude
- Ability to make things happen on their own with little or no direction
- Experience recruiting and developing a talented team
- Strong work ethic
- Merchandizing Experience
- Great sales and customer service skills
Decorator and Garden Retail Associate:
Are you passionate about decorating and enjoy helping others make creative solutions to their home or garden? Blumen Gardens is looking for a creative individual who possesses plant and garden knowledge. Responsibilities include in assisting customers in project solutions and creating beautiful ‘Blumen style’ displays in the Gift and Garden Center. The ideal applicant will also have experience in floral decorating with principles of design, must have exceptional attention to detail, and the ability to communicate effectively with both customers and associates. Full time or part time positions are available. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Previous experience in sales, or customer service
– Ability to work in seasonal outdoor settings
– Previous experience in creative floral design and decorating
– Good communication skills
– Physically fit and ability to lift and move product weighing up to 50 pounds is a plus
You will be responsible for the creation and execution of designs for both residential and commercial landscape projects. You should be self-motivated, creative, have sound landscape design principles, and be able to oversee a project from concept to completion. You must be able to maintain strong client relationships. Competitive compensation determined upon experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Communicate goals and project scope effectively with client and crew
• Prepare all color-rendered drawings relating to plants and hardscapes
• Produce complete and accurate landscape proposal and work order
• Locate materials to be used for the project
• Site survey and site analysis of the jobsite as needed
• Develop strong relationships with clients through timely updates and follow-ups
• Use those relationships to initialize sales leads.
Qualifications and Skills
• 2 or 4 year Degree in Landscape Design or Horticulture
• 2-3 years of field work experience
• Knowledge of local plant materials, horticultural practices and hardscape construction
• Ability to get along with others and work as a team member
• Strong organizational and communication skills (good listeners)
• Ability to assist in taking a job from initial client contact to completion
• Willingness to learn, and passionate about what you do.
ABOUT US: Blumen Gardens is a unique retail, event center and landscape establishment nestled within the historic town of Sycamore, Illinois. We are next door to Northern Illinois University in DeKalb and just over an hour from Chicago, but still retain our small-town charm. We have a passionate and award-winning company of landscape professionals that have been beautifying our community since 1989. Serving both residential and commercial clients, our team of experts love what they do and it shows. Installations are well organized and completed in a timely manner. We have an appreciation for a variety of plant life, emphasizing multi-seasonal, low-maintenance landscape design. We are an equal opportunity and drug free work place.